Many Dimensions & More Many Dimensions & More & More & More & More

Friday, June 19

Confession (Continued)

After I finished writing the script I tried to get in touch with an actress who has an image of being intelligent and a supporter of good cinema. I was told that I should get in touch with her secretary. No, no, she did not want to read the script. Her secretary will take care of everything. The secretary is a Punjabi gentleman with a thick Punjabi accent. I introduced myself. My friend who had accompanied me mentioned my fathers’ name. The secretary knew him. Well, I thought to myself half my problems are over. He knew my father, he knows my pedigree. However my happiness turned to wide eyed surprise by the time the conversation with the secretary got over.

The conversation went like this:

Secretary: “ Ye sacript aap ne likha hai?”

Me: “Haan…”

Secretary: “Achcha ye batao is film mein romance hai?’ (There was special emphasis and drag on the word ‘Hai’)

Me: “Romance hai ..lekin matured romance hai…ek pachas saal ka aadmi hai aur tees saal ki aurat hai..”

Secretary: “Is film mein gaane hai?”

Me: “ Gaane honge lekin background mein”.

Secretary: “ Aaap ki film mein outdoor hai?”

Me: “Outdoor to bahut hai…”

Secretary: “Kahan?’

Me: “ Bambai mein”

Secretary: “ Bambai naiji main to switzerland, Australia ke outdoor ki baat kar raha tha..”

Me: “ Oh….”

Secretary: “Aap ki film mein western outfits hain?”

Me: “ Heroine saadi aur blouse…”

Secretary: “ Main na ji aap ko dark mein nahin rakna chata ..agar aap ki film mein ye sab nahin hai to phir heroineji aap ki film mein kaam nahin karengi”.

I looked at him surprised.

When I walked back to my car I burst out laughing. It was the turn of my friend to look at me surprised.

No comments:

The Salvation- by Aziz Qaisi

In the doorway of thoughtful night
My shadow barred my way and said
"The image that you created,
Decorated, and gave form, the soul,
Has your eyes.
You live for that image.
The image is your name,
Your body and your existence.
Without it you do not exist.
You'are the captive of your own creation".

One day, with the adze of fatihlessness,
Leaving creation for personification,
Leaving one horizon for a new,
Leaving belief for superstition,
I smashed the image,
Now,
There is no form, no voice, no sound,
Nothing, except a feeling of emptiness,
Nothing, except the darkness of non-existence.


I asked my shadow:
"Under my feet lie the ruins of my image;
My eyes are lost in it;
Please find them for me".

But in reply,
A silence seem to say,
"There are no ruins here,
No shadow here'
Not even you"

If this is salvation,
Then what is the punishment for life?